Monday, May 26, 2008

BF'ing

I have officially been denied by my 8 month old. Breastfeeding my first son was no easy task. I barely made it to 6 months. I felt like a failure. It's a shame new moms are put through the ringer. Lots of guilt and peer pressure lead you to feel that if you don't your child will grow to have rotten teeth, hyper activity, walk with a limp and several failed marriages. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating a little but they really do push it these days. Being a new mom and a germ phobe I admit I was a total sucker. They had me at "you'll boost the babies immune system." I pumped those puppies dry. With my new little guy I really wanted things to go smoothly. I can't complain I have gone almost 3 months longer. This time instead of me running out of milk my loving son is rejecting the boob. I'm torn...relieved that I will no longer be breastfeeding a bear trap (he has 6 teeth) and sad that this bonding time is ending. I'm the first to joke about the moms who don't want to let go and here I am. I guess it's better that it happens now and not when he is 10.

1 comment:

Clong said...

Next time you feel guilty, just remember "Mama, Titty" and that shit will evaporate right away :)