Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dora VS. Noah

Bounce houses are all the rage for little kid birthday parties. We ordered one for my niece's birthday. The jumper web site was loaded with character themes to choose from, Disney princess, Spongebob and the ever so popular Dora the explorer. What I didn't see was Noah's Ark. Low and behold leaving work the other day and driving by the corner pumpkin patch was a Noah's Ark bounce house. I did a double take. At first I thought it was Jesus. There he was in all his glory. He stands almost 2 stories high. His arms stretched out welcoming all. He is wearing a robe, has a balloon beard and wavy long white blow up hair. The blow-up elephant and giraffe on either side gave his true identity. The more I think about it Noah has become quite mainstream. I've watched his baby Einstien movie a hundred times. There is a Noah's ark little people, Noah's shape sorter, nursery linens. The list goes on forever. Evan Almighty was quite popular. Dora better watch out. Looks like there is a new sheriff in town.

1 comment:

Clong said...

OMG the Evangelicals are taking over the bounce houses now??? RUN!!!!